- Planning and Permitting
Client: Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
Funding Source: Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG & E)
Project Location: Eureka, CA
PG&E’s WaveConnect project was a pilot project to study the capabilities of several different technologies developed to convert wave motion in the ocean into useable electrical energy. Pacific Affiliates was hired to complete a Waterfront Industrial Capabilities Assessment for the Humboldt Bay. A comprehensive evaluation of all the industrial waterfront facilities in the Humboldt Bay was completed and recommendations for various aspects of the project were made based upon the capabilities of each facility.
- Visit each major dock facility in Humboldt Bay and determine its limitations and capabilities
- Contact all maritime support operations and determine limitations and capabilities
- Locate all heavy lift infrastructure with Bay access
- Develop conceptual facilities for use at the Schneider Dock facility for transferring the very large and heavy wave energy conversion devices from land to water and vice versa.
- Complete Assessment report outlining Humboldt Bay infrastructure and provide recommendations of facilities for use in each phase of the WaveConnect project