- Planning and Permitting
Client: Louisiana Pacific Corp.
Funding Source: Louisiana Pacific Corp.
Project Location: Samoa, CA
Formerly known as the Redwood Dock, the Samoa Terminal was to be redeveloped for the logging giant, Louisiana Pacific. Pacific Affiliates was hired to oversee the project and complete all permitting and engineering for the site improvements. The proposed facility consisted of a concrete sheet pile bulkhead wall outlining the existing dock, in-filling of 6.5 acres of intertidal lands behind the bulkhead within the footprint of the existing wooden dock and the construction of 1800 lineal feet of concrete decked, concrete pile supported wharf along the Samoa Channel. Additionally the facility was designed for rail access and container handling capabilities, in addition to conventional break bulk cargo. Although all permits had been secured and construction plans were nearly complete, L.P. abandoned the project due to internal restructuring and ultimately selling their California operations.
- Land and hydrographic surveys
- Legal descriptions and mapping of tidelands lease areas
- Biological investigation
- Environmental Impact Report
- Geotechnical investigations and reports
- Project permitting through local, state and federal agencies
- Complete plans and specifications
- Terminal Design for rail access and container handling