- Marine Engineering
Client: Chevron U.S.A. Products Company, Inc.
Funding Source: Chevron U.S.A.
Project Location: Eureka, CA
Chevron U.S.A.’s Eureka Marine Terminal is the largest petroleum off-loading facility on Humboldt Bay. Nearly all the fuel serving the greater Eureka-Arcata area is shipped in via barges and off-loaded at Chevron’s terminal. In order to meet the demand, Pacific Affiliates was contracted to permit, design and manage a dock extension project at the Eureka Marine Terminal. Included in the project was the design and construction inspection of three 19 pile breasting dolphins, connecting catwalks, dock side boat house with gangways and boarding floats. In roughly one-and-a-half years time, Pacific Affiliates took the project from concept to completion, despite the sensitive project area and numerous permitting and construction hurdles.
- Land and hydrographic surveys
- Property and lease boundary determination
- Biological investigation and habitat delineation
- Project coordination with Maritime Shipping Company to accommodate vessels during and after construction
- Project permitting through local, state and federal agencies
- Dock and moorage dolphin design
- Project plans and specifications
- Inspection services throughout construction